Re: SSHD not working for Standalone Host (w2k)

But why is it working if the Host is part of a W2k Domain ?

Wrong passwd entry, I assume.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd

already made, hte user is shown in the passwd file

Anyway, try ssh -v -v -v and look if that helps figuring out what's
the problem.

debug3: authmethod_lookup keyboard-interactive
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: next auth method to try is keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: next auth method to try is password
MichaelLang@localhost's password:
debug1: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 66 padlen 14 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
Permission denied, please try again.
MichaelLang@localhost's password:
debug1: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 65 padlen 15 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
Permission denied, please try again.
MichaelLang@localhost's password:
debug1: packet_send2: adding 48 (len 66 padlen 14 extra_pad 64)
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug1: no more auth methods to try
Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x41a250(0x0)

that´s all nothing more ...

also nothing in sshd -Dde > log
debug1: userauth-request for user MichaelLang service ssh-connection method none
debug1: attempt 0 failures 0
Failed none for MichaelLang from 127.0.0.1 port 3786 ssh2
debug1: userauth-request for user MichaelLang service ssh-connection method keyboard-interactive
debug1: attempt 1 failures 1
debug1: keyboard-interactive devs
debug1: auth2_challenge: user=MichaelLang devs=
debug1: kbdint_alloc: devices ''
Failed keyboard-interactive for MichaelLang from 127.0.0.1 port 3786 ssh2
debug1: userauth-request for user MichaelLang service ssh-connection method password
debug1: attempt 2 failures 2
Failed password for MichaelLang from 127.0.0.1 port 3786 ssh2
debug1: userauth-request for user MichaelLang service ssh-connection method password
debug1: attempt 3 failures 3
Failed password for MichaelLang from 127.0.0.1 port 3786 ssh2
debug1: userauth-request for user MichaelLang service ssh-connection method password
debug1: attempt 4 failures 4
Failed password for MichaelLang from 127.0.0.1 port 3786 ssh2
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x4169cc(0x0)

thanks Corinna for answering my Mails 8)

Greetz Mike