Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: readline-4.2a-1

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:47:00PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Note to python, postgres, and units maintainers:
>  Binaries within your packages are linked against cygreadline5.dll.  I
>have taken the following actions:
>
>python: changed the "readine" dependency to "libreadline5" to reflect
>new packaging
>
>postgres: this setup hint is absolutely incomplete.  It has no sdesc,
>ldesc, category, OR requires.  I made no changes -- the maintainer needs
>to generate a REAL setup.hint; and when he does, add 'libreadline5' as a
>requires:

Gah! This is the dreaded "put the versions in the setup.hint rather than
let the computer figure it out for me" syndrome.  The other information
was correct in the setup.ini but it was never imported to setup.hint.
It's possible that Jason hasn't updated PostGres since the new setup.exe
with dependencies was introduced.

I've created a new setup.hint from info in the setup.ini file and added
the libreadline5 dependency.  The file is still missing the ldesc but
that is no big deal.

cgf