Re: CVS 1.11: More info about my problem (i'm sorry about the demanding tone...)

Randall,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall R Schulz" <rrschulz@cris.com>
To: "Alexei Lioubimov" <alexeipobox@mtu-net.ru>; <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Cc: <deo@logos-m.ru>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: CVS 1.11: More info about my problem (i'm sorry about the
demanding tone...)

> Alexei,
>
> Two things:
>
> 1) What's in your CYGWIN environment variable.

CYGWIN is empty:

$ echo $CYGWIN

$

> 2) Did you copy and paste that diagnostic, or re-type it manually into the
> message? Assuming the former, did you notice that it refers to "mypoj" not
> "myproj"? Perhaps there's some corruption in you CVS repository in the
form
> of that error in a file or directory name.

I typed it manually and it is misspelled in my message, it should be
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot open directory .../CVS/myproj/Attic: Not a
directory

> Otherwise, I can see nothing obvious amiss.

I'm using cygwin on two different boxes (at home and at work) and on
both have the same thing: "cvs co -r" wants Attic directory exist in the
repository module. Only if i manually create Attic in the repository module
(just cd .../CVS/myproj and mkdir Attic) then "cvs co -r mytag myproj"
works right. The same happens with all my local projects, even with
newly created dummy project for testing this exact situation.

Best regards,
Alexei