Console size on W9x - was RE: Newbie Question

As a newbie, the first thing to learn is to search the Cygwin site and
the mail archives first for answers to questions like these.  Last time
I looked, Win9x could set a window size up to 50 lines.  Regardless, if
you look at the Cygwin web site you'll find references to Chuck Wilson's
site where you can get 'consize' if you like using the DOS prompt.
Otherwise, you can use 'rxvt' which comes with Cygwin.  The email
archives is literally packed with discussions on this subject.  You
should be able to get yourself up-to-speed on this issue by looking
there.