Re: Newbie Question

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:55:45PM +0900, Dylan Cuthbert wrote:

>I didn't know you could do that - thanks for the tip! :-)
>
>It would be nice if Cygwin didn't install those standard command.com bash
>icons on the desktop or at least gave a few more pointers (suggestions)  to
>using the rxvt package as a replacement - I just had a play with it and it
>seems to be rather good indeed... gone are my msdos'd bash days...

What would really be nice is if "newbies" actually read the message that
they get when they subscribe to the list which contains the following:

  Before posting, please check out following links:

  The Cygwin Web Site            http://cygwin.com/
  The Cygwin FAQ                 http://cygwin.com/faq/
  Cygwin Bug Reporting           http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
  Generic Web Searching          http://google.com/
  (type in cygwin plus your search term)

Or, even if they read the email for the last week where this particular
subject had already been done to death.

cgf