Re: IMAP c-client under Cygwin

On 8 Jan 2002 at 22:56, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Am 2002-01-08 um 21:16 schriebst du:

> > I want to develop a Perl solution for accessing an IMAP server and doing
> > things like querying messages in a folder named blahfoo, telling the
> > server to move messages from blahfoo to cowpuddle, etc. I have researched
> > and there is a Perl module collection for doing IMAP client stuff, but it
> > requires UW "c-client" library support files to be linked in during the
> > module build.

> There is already a module for that and it builds without errors if you
> build the c-client of the cygwin imap package, see here what I needed to
> change:
> http://testers.cpan.org/search?request=dist&dist=Mail-Cclient&macid=130

Gerrit keeps coming to my aid ;-). Thank you! I will study your work, how
fortunate I feel that you've been the one to do this. I asked in the right
place, for once, it appears!

> > My question concerns info on whether anyone reading has worked with IMAP
> > and the c-client distro on Cygwin (I guess that I mean "worked with" more
> > than by merely installing PINE, which i think some users might have done,
> > but I don't know how much knowledge of building c-client that would give
> > one if its a pre-built Cygwin binary you've installed...)? Can anyone
> > offer pointers on building, or refinements to the source package
> > documentation?
>
> You need to build the c-clientlib from source, the library isn't included in
> the package, but the source ->
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/uw-imap-cygwin/

I understand you to mean that these files:

imap-2000a-cygwin-bin.tar.gz   4454129  1,571  i386 .gz
imap-2000a-cygwin-src.tar.gz   1363877  793      i386 Source .gz

neither do contain a "c-client.a" lib? I cannot get a connection to the
server to download right now; maybe in a few minutes. Until I can download
I cannot look inside the archives to see what's there. Assuming I
understood you correctly, what is in the binary package, is only the
compiled imap library archive (and headers, naturally), is this probably
correct? That would be a shortcut? Will this allow my build of the client
to be more simple? The exact relationship of "c-client" to the imap library
isn't clear to me, even after reading the maintainer's documentation over
two occasions (today and last month).

Maybe now it will all be simple and i won't need any more help with the UW
IMAP C library part of the Perl work i want to do. I will holler if that
isn't the case, tho :-).

Hmm, Google didn't find this sourceforge project for me. Surprising!

   Thank You,
     Soren