IMAP c-client under Cygwin

I want to develop a Perl solution for accessing an IMAP server and doing
things like querying messages in a folder named blahfoo, telling the server
to move messages from blahfoo to cowpuddle, etc. I have researched and
there is a Perl module collection for doing IMAP client stuff, but it
requires UW "c-client" library support files to be linked in during the
module build.

My question concerns info on whether anyone reading has worked with IMAP
and the c-client distro on Cygwin (I guess that I mean "worked with" more
than by merely installing PINE, which i think some users might have done,
but I don't know how much knowledge of building c-client that would give
one if its a pre-built Cygwin binary you've installed...)? Can anyone offer
pointers on building, or refinements to the source package documentation? I
tried once to build it last month and it did not go well (sorry, this
message cannot attempt to explain the errors, that was done last month on
another system 400 miles away from where I am right now...). In this
communication I am just soliciting advice and also inviting those
interested to speak up and share knowledge about how to get a clean build
of this lib so that we can do neat things...

BTW, there is a great e-mail service provider at `fastmail.fm', that has
POP3 and IMAP access as well as an intelligently designed Web interface to
email (and is currently in beta, so they are not charging for use of their
service -- once they start charging they promise "no ads! -- ever"). Check
their site for details. This is the server I wish to access with the
software I am aiming to develop. My GUI email client, Pegasus v4, has
unfinished and problematical IMAP support.

  Thanks,
    Soren Andersen