RE: I need help on how to use the Cygwin fortran compiler. Thanks, Dr. McNeill

 Do you have a Cygwin icon on your desktop?
    If not, go to http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin and "Install Cygwin now"
       You should install, at least, Base, Devel, and Shells packages.

 Click on the Cygwin icon.  This should bring up a bash shell.

 Are you familiar with unix?  If not, you should find a tutorial somewhere.
    Although Cygwin is a great way for Windows users
    to access free software, it's really aimed at
    somewhat experienced unix/linux users who need to
    run on Windows.

 In your bash shell
    g77 -c fmain.f          will compile the fortran file fmain.f,
                            putting the object file in fmain.o
    g77 fmain.f -o fmain     will compile fmain.f and putting an
                             executable in fmain.exe
    g77 -c fsubr1.f
    g77 -c fsubr2.f
    g77 -c fsubr3.f
    g77 -c fcaller.f
    g77 fcaller.o fsubr1.o fsubr2.o fsubr3.o -o fprogram
                           will compile and link multiple source files.
    g77 -help gives more information.