Re: cygwin console

On 1/8/2002 9:20 AM, John Peacock wrote:

> Kent Perrier wrote:
>
>>Humm.  I comment out the bash line and I add the rxvt line and I get the
>>"guick flash."  I do have rxvt installed, so what have I done wrong?
>>

> Restore the bash line, then run the rxvt line from within the CMD window and
> see what error messages you get (leave off the 'start').  My line actually
> looks like this:
>
> start rxvt -geometry 80x24+438+355 -display :0 -sl 300 -e bash --login -i
>
> since I have Rational tools installed (and they mess with my environment).

I am going to respond to both you (John) and Pavel here.  I can run rxvt

from both a cmd shell (yes, I am using Win2K) and from a bash prompt.  I do

not get any error messages here.  The only place I have a problem is
when I modify my cygwin.bat file.

I don't think that this is a problem with finding the cygwin1.dll since
that throws up a dialog box, telling me that that is the problem.  But,
doing a search on my C drive for cygwin1.dll I find it only in c:\cygwin\bin

Here is my current cygwin.bat

C:\cygwin>type cygwin.bat
@echo off

C:
chdir \cygwin\bin

rem bash --login -i
  rxvt -sr -sl 2500 -sb -e bash --login -i

There was a start before the rxvt command, but I removed it to see if I
could get any more debug info.  I could not.

Thanks!

Kent
--
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to
visit violence on those who would do us harm"

                                                -- George Orwell