Re: cygwin console

"Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:

> Yes, but I'm sure it needs some discussion.

Isn't that what we are doing here? ;~)

> I would like to have it a blue background and a red cursor;)

Pervert!  ;~!

> > but since this file is, I believe, originally created by the CygWin installer,
> > the change needs to happen there.
>
> Maybe a hint in the FAQ with an example how to start up rxvt
> in x:\cygwin\cygwin.bat from a shortcut on the desktop is
> sufficient for the beginning?
>
> Something like this:
> @echo off
>
> REM your drive and path here:
> C:
> chdir \cygwin\bin
>
> REM -sr scrollbar rightside, -sl 2500 lines big,  -sb scrollbar active, -fg textcolor,
> REM -bg backgroundcolor,-geometry size, -tn terminaltype, -cr cursorcolor,
> REM -fn font+size, -e eval this command
> rxvt -sr -sl 2500 -sb -geometry 90x30 -fg lightblue -bg midnightblue -cr red -tn rxvt -fn "Lucida Console-14" -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i

I guess that's not such a bad idea.  However, IMNSHO, whether you are using
command.exe or cmd.exe with bash, rxvt is SO much better that it should be the
default (and make the FAQ tell how to NOT run it).

John

p.s. and I guess your color scheme isn't so awful; typically you never want to
have red and blue of the same intensity next to each other, since the same
cones in your eyes perceive both colors and you can sometimes get the phantom
movement

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group