Re: Potential problems with cygwin GCC and -mno-cygwin switch

> Yeah, and we can kiss that pesky "UNIX emulation" claim of cygwin's
> goodbye, too.  Somehow, I don't think that you'll find many library
> files in /usr/lib/cygwin on, say, HP/UX, Linux, Tru64, etc.
>
> This method solves a "problem" for -mno-cygwin at the expense of
> impacting many other packages.
>
> I agree that the print-search-dirs should work correctly and even suggested
> this in the libtools forum.  I agree that --dll-search-prefix=cyg should
> not be activated when the user specifies -mno-cygwin.

OK, maybe part of Jon's idea was bad or "not correct", but what about
replacing just that
  --dll-search-prefix=cyg
with a
  %{!mno-cygwin:--dll-search-prefix=cyg}
in the distro?

If I understood it right this whould be a problem solver with no side
effects, right?

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)