Re: bash/cmd CTRL-C problem...

Michael,

I agree that this behavior should be considered a bug since the bash cygwin
behavior differs from bash behavior on other unix platforms. This has caused
headaches for our project too.

Greg.

For the record, here is a very simple java test program that I sent to Troy when
we discussed this problem last November. This program simply intercepts CTL-C
and runs a shutdown hook prior to shutting down the Java VM. It works fine under
cmd.exe and cygwin ash, but does not work under cygwin bash.

public static void main(String[] argv) {

  Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook(new Thread(new Shutdown(), "Shutdown"));
  Object waitingPlace = new Object();
  synchronized(waitingPlace) {
   try {
    waitingPlace.wait();
   } catch (InterruptedException e) {}
  }
 }
 private static class Shutdown implements Runnable {

  public void run() {
   System.out.println("ProcessManager - shutting down...");
  }
 }
}

--