Re: Installing DBD-DB2 on cygwin running on Windows NT

 A,

2002-01-07 13:33:10, du schriebst:

> I am trying install perl DBD-DB2 driver on cygwin
> running on Windows NT. I installed DBI module
> successfully. But having errors installing DBD-DB2
> module.

> My Operating System: Windows NT 4.0
> Database: IBM DB2 7.0
> 1. While generating makefile, there is a warning
> regarding no library found -ldb2.

You need to create an import library for db2.dll named libdb2.dll.a

> 2. In SQLLIB\lib db2api.lib and db2cli.lib are found.
> How GNU gcc comilper links with IBM db2api.lib and
> db2cli.lib files?

This is not possible.

> 3. make is failing to generate dll file.

Sure.  No undefined symbols allowed on windows.

> Please help me out to install perl DBD-DB2 driver on
> cygwin.

Create an import lib of the IBM db2.dll and link against it.
I don't have db2 here, but I did this successfull with a
windows version of Oracle.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=