Re: Nicer than a splash screen !

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Giebl" <wizard@syntheticsoft.com>
To: "[ML] CYGWIN" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: Nicer than a splash screen !

> In my opinion it would be nicer to have two options implented before a
splash screen:

> Download every Package with Source
> Download every Package without Source
>
> These options should select the newest package versions.

Does the first option mean 'when downloading a package download the
source' or does it mean 'for every package download both the package and
the source and do not ask whether to download the package or not' ?

If it's the first, I'll happily accept patchs - but for after the splash
screen, not for before it. (The whole point of a splash screen is to be
the first visible screen).

If it's the second interpretation, use wget, it's faster, more reliable
and designed for that sort of use.

Rob