RE: Potential problems with Cygwin GCC and -mno-cygwin switch

I think I understand what you're saying now. The wording in your previous
email threw me off.

I'm not sure the two things have to happen concurrently. If the GCC specs
file were to change first, then GCC would start looking in /usr/lib/cygwin,
and it would continue to look in (the hard-coded path) /usr/lib, where old
package libraries would still reside.

Also, I'm not sure that all packages need to be relocated. Just the ones
that place files in /usr/lib. There is no problem with a package that places
files in a subdirectory of /usr/lib.

At this point, this conversation is purely hypothetical... :)
I really don't think 100 packages should should be re-packaged...

Jon