From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Fractal A.
Sent: Wednesday, 26 December 2001 4:31
To: Randall R Schulz; cygwin@cygwin.com
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Bison 1.30

Hi,

Because the compiler (bison 1.28) appears to be working incorrectly, I
believe that a newer version of bison might solve the problem.  I don't
know why the "implicit declaration" error is occurring.  I don't know
what to do to solve it.  The arithmetic.lex and arithmetic.y files were
compiling properly before.
When the other files started outputting the "implicit declaration"
error, it seems that everything stopped working correctly.  The error is
of the type "implicit declaration" of several different yy functions.
If you think of something to help, please let me know.  Thanks.

Examples of the error:
Errors of this nature cause me to believe that the compiler is failing.

C:\cygwin2\c15>g++ -Wall -c -gstabs ch1-05.y.tab.c
/usr/share/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
/usr/share/bison.simple:358: implicit declaration of function `int
yyerror(...)'

C:\cygwin2\ega>g++ -Wall -c -gstabs arithmetic.y.tab.c
/usr/share/bison.simple: In function `int yyparse()':
/usr/share/bison.simple:361: implicit declaration of function `int
free(...)'

=====
Fractal A.                    fractala@yahoo.com