Re: cygwin 1.3.6-3 and xemacs

I've done a little debugging and here's what I've found out.

It appears to be a problem/change to the behavior of
cygwin_posix_to_win32_path_list().  When this function is called with a
path of the form "/cygdrive/z/something", it returns an empty string
unless the drive "z" actually exists.  This seems incorrect to me, since
this function always returns a valid Windows path for other POSIX paths,
even if the file or directory doesn't actually exist.

Even more troubling, the function appears to return garbage when called
with "/cygdrive/z" or "/cygdrive/z/", unless "z" is a valid drive.

Dave

P.S. I used the following little test program to play with this.

#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char** argv)
{
    char* name = argv[1];
    char* tmp;
    printf("name = %s\n", name);
    tmp = alloca (cygwin_posix_to_win32_path_list_buf_size(name));
    cygwin_posix_to_win32_path_list(name, tmp);
    printf("%s -> %s\n", name, tmp);
    return 0;
}