Re: dll not found, bad entry point problems

Bob Calco wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I'm a windows guy, trying out this Cygwin thing. I downloaded cygwin on both
> my laptop and my desktop, with all the devel tools and such and a bunch of
> utilities. I'm having problems on my laptop -- which has the same version of
> just about everything as my desktop -- that I'm not having on my desktop.
>
> 1. Typing "vim [enter]" in the bash shell (to attempt to run the VIM editor)
> warns me ominously that "The procedure entry point bind_textdomain_codeset
> could not be located in the dynamic link library cygintl.dll".
>
> 2. Typing "cvs -? [enter]" in the bash shell (to attempt to run CVS help (or
> any other CVS option)) complains that "The dynamic link library libgdbm.dll
> could not be found in the specified path.
>
> WRT # 1, this is not a problem on my desktop.

Known setup bug.  28th time this has been reported/asked about this
week.  run setup again on your laptop.  It will update your system to
the most recent versions -- the bug was it installed OLD versions (of
cygintl.dll, for instance).

> WRT # 2, I did a search for the libgdbm.dll on both machines and found, in
> both cases, the libgdbm.dll.a file in the <cygwin>/lib directory.

You're looking for <cygwin>/bin/cyggdbm.dll.  If it isn't there,
reinstall the gdbm package.  If it IS there, then you need to add
C:\cygwin\bin to your SYSTEM path.

--Chuck