Re: Getting sharutils : a problem with setup?

Hallo fergus,

Am 2001-11-19 um 08:56 schriebst du:

> Since noticing your announcement about "new : sharutils" I've paid a few
> visits to [more than one] download site, but after rotating through View,
> still get "nothing to install/update". I've looked at setup.ini, which
> mentions it, correctly addressed, in a line beginning install:. I've looked
> at the provision on the download site[s], and there it is in
> latest/sharutils/. I've checked my local /etc/setup/installed.db file, which
> contains no mention of it [correctly, because I haven't got it].

> If I'm mis-managing setup.exe, please can you tell me where I am failing:
> but it looks to me at the moment as though "upgrades" are handled well by
> the setup.exe/.ini duet along with a user's installed.db, but maybe not
> "new" installations?

If it is in setup.ini it should show up in the list (full view) right below
sh-utils, you need to click at the rotate icon in the middle row which says
'skip' by default to rotate the options, if the version number shows up you
can also retrieve the source this way if you check the checkbox on the right
hand side.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--