setup.exe 2.125.2.5 complaint

Hi,

When I choose "Install from local directory" setup.exe presents me with
options based on the comparison between what I have installed on my PC with
what is present in my local directory.  When I choose "Install from
Internet" setup.exe presents me with options based on the comparison
between what I have installed on my PC and what is present on the Internet
mirror site.  This is probably the case, but I don't use this
option.  However, when I choose "Download from Internet" I would expect
setup.exe to present me with options based on the comparison between what I
have present in my local install directory and what is present on the
Internet mirror site.  It should not care what is installed on the
PC.  This is NOT the case.  The versions of the packages that show up under
the Current column in the setup window are the versions of the packages
that are installed on my PC.  Since I chose "download from Internet" I
would expect these versions to be the versions on the packages in the local
directory.  It does however, compare the Internet version with the local
directory version to decide what to download. I.e. an older version of the
package will show up under the Current column, but the New column will
indicate Keep because the local directory has the latest version. Also, if
a package is not installed on the PC, but is present in the local
directory, it shows up as Skip in the New column and does not correctly
tell you if there is a newer version of that package available to download.

===================================
John Daniel Doucette, Sr. Software Designer

J. J. MacKay Canada Limited
Halifax R & D Office
1046 Barrington Street, 1st Floor
Halifax, Nova Scotia