Re: rsh: "Permission denied" on file creation. Cygwin 1.3.3 on W2 K Adv Srv SP2.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 12:28:53PM +0200, JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) wrote:
> Running mount gives me:
>
> libx@SC-LIBPHARM01 ~
> $ mount
> C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
> C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
> c: on /cygdrive/c type user (textmode,noumount)
>
> These are also the mount points found in the registry at
> HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\ (except for the
> c:-mapping). I assume the registry mounts is the system mount table.
>
> /home/libx is located in C:\cygwin\home\libx, so it is accessible through
> the "/" mount point. I have no user mounts and the remote machine uses no
> network shares.

Ok, so you will have to debug that.  Are you e.g. sure that your
remote dir is really writable by the user account you're using for
rsh?  Are you using ntsec?  Did you check your /etc/passwd and
/etc/group files?  Is your .rhosts file correct? Are the permissions
on that file correct (0600)?  Etc., etc.  If nothing else works,
start rsh under strace to look which system call result in the
"permission denied" error.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.