Re: //c - Ouch!

> > As cgf was saying the other day, small incremental changes are often
more
> > acceptable in open source projects. Maybe the cygwin dll should have
gone
> > through  a six month period whereby //c was broken completely and then
> > repaired to recognise UNC paths rather than local drives.
>  Except that UNC paths have been recognized for a long time.

Not if the server name was just one letter!

> > I do know that the //c provided such a useful way to describe
> > a local drive
>  /c is even more useful.  Use mount!!!

*I* know not to use //c - *I* follow the mail list. And btw, mount -c / is
much simpler than mounting your drives!

> > It's just that the implications will effect a lot of users
>  No, it will not.  //c has been deprecated for a long time.
> Nearly all users have made the transition.
> [I bet my unsupported assertion is more accurate than yours.]

Hmm. If you were using cygwin without following the list, just how would you
know that it's been deprecated for a long time - it worked without problems,
warning or errors.

Keith (beginning to regret starting this thread)