Re: Problem - extreme network slowness, cygwin only

hey robert... thanks for having a look at this for me.  i have to wait
until tomorrow (monday) to give you the cygcheck output.  i've been
waiting for the problem to happen again so i can strace ls and see where
its spending all its time.

-gb

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> whats your CYGWIN env variable set to?
> Whats the output of cygcheck (as per the submitting a bug report topic
> on the cygwin homepage)?.
>
> What you are observing is not normal, it indicates something wrong. My
> guess would be an incorrectly configured corporate network, and your
> network security info resolution is coming over a router with no local
> Domain master browser (or something of the sort).
>
> Rob

Greg Bell  858-860-6519