Re: [BUG] cygwin-1.3.3-2 -- making auto-import dlls

>AFAIK Relocated .dll's will never push a .dll with a different base
>address out of the way. I.E. For that set of .dll's
>
>the program will get it's address 0x10000000, cygwin1.dll get's its base
>address, and the 5 .dll's get 5 other random address's.
>
>How is it better? With a .dll that conflicts with cygwin1.dll, it's boom
>(everytime) :].

comment by a random passer by (me):

perhaps someone will just end up writing a process loader for cygwin
that interacts directly with NtNnnn API (and stop supporting Win9x at
once!), and so we can start supporting object formats such as ELF with
our own freedom. i'm kind of sick about trying to fit the light-weight
shared objects in GnuPG to fit into the massively bloated DLL model ...

ah, it is so hard to be a nice person ... trying to be able to work with
multitudes of challenge ... win98, winnt, win2k and winxp all have
different tempers!

----

okay, pretend as if i never said that. :-)

liulk