Cygwin 1.3.3 gotcha

Christopher,

Just wanted to let you know that 1.3.3 caused me a fair bit of
grief. I'm on a Novell network, and so the removal of the //c
filename format caused unexpected hangs all the time. Not only
that, but I've been sloppy enough to leave absolute path names
all over my scripts. (That's my problem, not yours :-)

Anyway, I certainly concur with removing the syntax, but it might
be a good idea to put a warning on the main page about this change.

Apart from that little glitch, I find Cygwin quite wonderful, and
really appreciate the strides it's been making in functionality and
robustness over the last while. Thanx! -- v