Re: Fw: Key repeat rate in X

Thanks!  xset is the answer, but I think I actually found a bug in Cygwin
XFree86.

"xmodmap -pk |grep F8" gives me the keycode for F8, which is 74 in Cygwin.
"xset -r 74" should turn off repeat for F8.  "xset r off" should turn off
repeat on all keys.  However, it does not do anything with either variation
of the command.  If I use Exceed, the keycode changes to 73, but when I do
"xset -r 73" or "xset f off" things do work as they should and key repeats
are turned off properly.

Can anyone else verify this?  I'm pretty sure I have XFree86 version 4.1.0
installed.  Is there a way to tell for sure?

Thanks again,

Mark

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:07:47 -0400, Ronald W. Cook wrote:

>   man xset      should afford you some adjustment, but I don't know about
tailoring
>  individual keys differently.
>
>  A Google search produces at least:
>  http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/1997-11/msg00863.html
>
>  Ron Cook      cowaro.com
>  2001 September 05 09:58
>  >
>  >
>  > Does anyone know how I can adjust the F8 key repeat rate to either
something
>  > very long, or else to completely off repeat for the F8 key while in
Cygwin