Re: latest sygwin version with awk function

The best advice is to reinstall everything in case something didn't
download correctly.  Make sure you install *all* packages.  If you
still have problems, try again choosing a different mirror.  Clearly
your install just didn't include the package with awk.  Also, make
sure you're using setup.exe to install, since awk is actually a
symbolic link to gawk.  If you're trying to use WinZip or some other
unsupported method of installation, you'll loose this symbolic link
and therefore miss the awk to gawk link.