RE: On Cygwin package naming and a setup.exe bug

Last time I checked, the only working version of RPM for Cygwin was 3.
(If memory serves.) And I haven't heard too much discussion from people
who are willing to do modifications to it to make the newer versions
work with cygwin. Though I'd imagine that if a developer writing a
cygwin app wanted to make a v3 RPM and distrubute it that way (with
information on where to get the latest working Cygwin version of RPM) it
would work.

As for the actual OFFICIAL cygwin distribution, I have no idea. I'd
imagine that having setup.exe no one is quite inclined to scrap it in
favor of a completely new setup scheme. That's just pure speculation on
my part however.

-Alex