RE: Problem with root account, login, X, KDE, etc -- none of the documentation seemed to work

1. Make sure, that you are using the last kde version (currently the beta 1).

2. please read the beta 1 readme installation part (The file kde-1.1.2-b1.README
in the sourceforges kde-cygwin project download area.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kde-cygwin/) There you find hints for get
running kde. In short:
	1. Install cygwin/xfree/kde (with kdemisc) as described in the kde beta 1
readme
	2a. start a a bash shell and enter startx & or
	2b. call the startkde1.bat in the cygwin home dir with explorer

3. KDM isn't supported yet. (is documented in the readme). I have recognized
this problem already, but currently had no time to fix this

regards

Ralf