Re: DocBook under CygWin

David A. Cobb writes:
 > First thing: check THIS:
 > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/cygbook1.html
 >
 > Somewhere in there, I believe, it is stated that there are problems because
 > Cygwin doesn't (yet) have full wide-character support.  This requires
 > patches somewhere but it /has/ been done.

Just to clarify: the problem you mention is the locale support of
OpenJade. The Cygwin version has to be built without locale support.

Besides this problem, recent development versions of OpenJade just
stackdump on Cygwin before they do anything useful. So for the time
being (i.e. until genius strikes me or someone else) you will have to
use the latest "stable" release which is used in the tutorial
mentioned above.

regards,
Markus

--