cygrunsrv and .bat files ??

Hi. I've got a 2 line batch file that I'm trying to run as a service on
NT/2000 (starts a secure tunnel client which spawns vncviewer in listen
mode, then kills vncviewer process after secure tunnel client exits).
Tested so far on an NT Wkstn 4.0 sp6a.

The batch file works fine as stand-alone.

I can daemonize it using FireDaemon, works just fine (however, I'd rather
not ultimately end up using it due to their licensing).

I've tried installing it using "cygrunsrv -I VncControl -p
c:\vnc\vncviewer.bat", that appears to work (service shows up, no errors at
this point) - I've confirmed the path is correct as far as the filesystem
goes.  However, trying to start it using "cygrunsrv -S VncControl" or "net
start VncControl", I get an error saying "error 1062: Service not started".
So far, I've tried this with cygrunsrv and cygwin1.dll in the c:\vnc
directory (where the batch file is), as well as moving the batch file to the
/ of my Cygwin installation, and running cygrunsrv from /bin (I thought
maybe it was a path problem).

Anything I'm missing??  Can cygrunsrv handle .bat files or only
executables??

Also, in the readme I don't see an option for enabling "interact with
desktop".  Is this possible??  In my case it won't help, I tried enabling
that manually after installing the service with cygrunsrv, it made no
difference.

Thanks,
Glenn