To: "cygwin at cygwin dot Com (E-mail)" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Subject: RE: Win98 and multiple users
From: Steve Jorgensen <jorgens at coho dot net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:07:33 -0700

I'm no Cygwin developer as of yet, but I think I can answer this one.
 Cygwin, for the most part, provides a 'nix wrapper around Windows, and
uses Windows to do the work.

NT allows separate processes to run in different user contexts, but Windows
98 does not.  Thus, Windows 98 has no applicable functionality to wrap.
 You would need an entire virtual machine with another copy of Windows
running another Cygwin to do what you're talking about.

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup