From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of David Edward
Shapiro
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 2:35 PM
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: Editor to use with ssh'ing into NT server?

I can't get an editor to work correctly when I ssh into NT server.  I
get

C:\winnt\profiles\mailmon>vim
vim
Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal

I have set TERM to just about everything I can think of

vt100
ansi
cygwin

but I do not get any better results.

vim starts up, but the keyboard mappings are wrong.  I can't use esc to
get
into command mode, i for insert, I can't scroll down in the file (you
just
see the first 12 or so lines).  What are you all using to edit via an
ssh
connection into the nt boxes?  Certainly there is some easy fix to this,
no
(i.e., ssh option, variable setting, etc.)?

David