Transport Independent RPC Qs

All,
I'm porting a large code from Solaris 2.6 to Cygwin.  Much of the code
relies on Transport Independent RPC (TIRPC) which is shipped with Solaris2.6
and SVR4.
Those sections of the ported code that rely on ONCRPC (RPC4.0) work
correctly, however; when the TIRPC code executes I get the following message
"addresses in the specified family cannot be used with this socket".   The
error message suggests to me that the code is trying to do some type of
ioctl on a socket that is  bound to one type of family with functions
designed for another ( e.g. AF_UNIX vs. AF_INET). Does anyone know if TIRPC
has been ported to Cygwin or does anyone have any suggestions on how to
resolve this issue or where to look for additional information?

All assistance is greatly appreciated

Randy Smith