Package Information needed

On Monday 11 Jun 01, Oliver Thieke writes:

> 	Hi out there !
>
> Although this might be a very newbie question I am
> kind of stuck...
>
> Where can I get information about the contents and
> usage of the various packages shipped within cygwin ?
>
> I browsed the FAQ, the User Guide, RedHat Web-Site,
> local Cygwin-Dir for Info - nothing.
>
> I am quite familiar with unix - hence bash, csv, make,
> gcc, gdb, diff, grep, tar and so on are known.
> But I can't figured out why and what for I would need
> packages like cygrunsrv, binutils, fileutils,
> openssl...

I had considered adding one-line descriptions of the packages to the
FAQ, because I think it would be useful to have this information
available somewhere.  Before downloading & installating the package,
that is.  But I'm concerned that it would take too much space, and the
FAQ is already HUGE.  I'm open to suggestions.  I'm happy to add it if
it would help.

Cheers,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)