Re: PoPy python module

This is just a follow-up to avoid dangling threads in the archive...

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 10:47:06AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> 2. It appears that PoPy is attempting to include files that are not
> part of the Cygwin PostgreSQL distribution.  Note that I produced this
> distribution using the typical "make install".  Hence, I am currently
> at a loss as to why these files are missing.  I am going to attempt to
> find out whether or not these files are truly missing or that PoPy is
> incorrectly including files that are really only part of the source tree.
> If files are missing from the Cygwin PostgreSQL distribution, then I
> re-release the distribution with the missing files included.

A member of PostgreSQL development team indicates that most likely PoPy
is incorrectly including server-side header files:

    http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=121896

Hence, I will not be including these "missing" headers unless there is
greater demand for server-side development by the Cygwin community.

This issue seems to be known by the PoPy development team as indicated
by their README:

    Compilation Problems:
    -------------------

    Some of you may experienced problems when compiling PoPy:
    "<catalog/pg_types.h> not found" We use this include to avoid magic
    numbers. if you have this type of problems, grab pg_types.h from
    postgresql source tree and put it in "/usr/include/catalog".

A bug report regarding this issue has also been submitted to the PoPy
project:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=426982&group_id=15454&atid=115454

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235