Re: Cygwin support TAR

Maico Friedrich schrieb am 2001-06-07, 8:28:

> Hello.
>
> We need a way to backup data on a Windows NT 4 Workstation and
> read this data into a LINUX 6.x via DDS tape. Every session
> will be 300 MB+
>
> Can Cygwin support the tape acces on the Windows NT environement ?

$ man mt
Formatting page, please wait...

MT(1L)                                                     MT(1L)

NAME
       mt - control magnetic tape drive operation

SYNOPSIS
       mt  [-V] [-f device] [--file=device] [--version] operation
       [count]

DESCRIPTION
       This manual page documents the GNU version of mt.  mt per-
       forms  the  given operation, which must be one of the tape
       operations listed below, on a tape drive.
[...]

--
=^..^=