Re: Unable to get MAN pages to work/BASH shell colors

On  24 May 01, Andrew Markebo writes:
> Hmm i dunno why, but I have to set the environment variable MANPATH to
> point to the differente man-directories (/usr/man:/usr/local/man...)
> to make man find the manpages..
>
>         /Andy

It should only be necessary to set MANPATH if you've got man pages in
unusual places.  It should not be necessary to set MANPATH in order
for 'man cp' to work.  Of course, fileutils must be installed, because
that's where cp lives (command *and* man page).

Regards,
David