RE: New version of cygwin-mount.el

 Because NTEmacs is not a cygwin program. I don't think setup
should be messing with the emacs installation.

> Ok, if it should added to cygwin setup it should be done in
> the following
> manner (thanks also to Ehud Karni):
> 1. Read with DJ's regtool the value of
>    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GNU\Emacs\EMACSLOADPATH
>    (which is a ; separated list of directories)
> 2. If the key exists (means NTEmacs is installed), then put
>    cygwin-mount.el in the first directory of this list.
>    If the key does not exist (means NTEmacs is not installed), then
>    do not install cygwin-mount.el, means simply ignore the
> setup for it.
 I would like the idea of a way to install elisp files in the correct place.
I can never remember where to put them (it's easy on unix  --
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp ) but this is an NT and emacs problem and
has nothing to do with cygwin.
 NTEmacs could use an elisp loader but I'd prefer it to be written in elisp
and delivered as part of NTEmacs. Something based on w32-registry.el might
be the answer. (see http://www.gnusoftware.com/Emacs/Registry/ )
 The advantage of this is it would be useful for emacs users who do not run
cygwin (there actually are some!)

> Cygwin-setup could also add at the end of the users .emacs
> file the following
> two lines:
>   (require 'cygwin-mount)
>   (cygwin-mount-activate)
> But i´m not sure if this a good idea and if this should be
> done automatically???
 I think it's a bad idea.  Are you familiar of calc-private-autoloads ? It's
part of the emacs calc package.  The idea is that you load the package once
and if you decide you like it you execute an elisp statement which appends
the correct lines to your .emacs file.  Much better.