Re: Updating setup.exe

> All the coming changes to setup.exe seem nice.  I have been building
> periodically from source so I could try out the new features, but how will
> ordinary users know to download the new version when it is released?

I usually tell users to *always* run the latest setup, rather than
keeping a local copy of setup.  However, setup.ini keeps track of what
the latest version of setup is, and if a new one is available on
cygwin.com, your old version of setup will tell you.  You'd still have
to go to cygwin.com and click on the setup icon to get it.