No output on stdout

Hello,

when I compile a very simple C program like the one below with gcc
under Cygwin and then run it in bash, I don't get an output on the
console window.

When I run the same executable under a DOS Shell in Windows
NT or 98, I get the 'Hello, Cygwin!' line.

Is there anything I overlooked on setup (I did set CYGWIN
to 'tty notitle glob' like mentioned in the User's guide)?
Anything else that prevents the stdout to be shown
on console?

TIA

Bye

Clemens Quoss