Symlinking in win9x is now possible at kernel-level!

  Hello everybody.

Have you ever wanted your symlinks to be followed for *all* Windows
programs, not only for those compiled against cygwin?

You know, I was lacking such capability and I implemented it (in
the form of VxD driver).

I decided to use existing cygwin's symlink file format (used in
older versions of cygwin, newer versions use Windows .lnk, but that
doesn't matter since that doesn't prevent you from creating old-style
symlinks).

Can't say that the implementation is very clear, but it works,
symlinks are really followed for *all* programs! The main and quite
obvious limitation is that the driver I wrote works only in
Windows'9x (and ME possibly)...

If you need it, you're welcome to download it from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/symlink9x

Although everything is in pre-alpha state, it has been working
for me nicely for a week or two already.

Just an announcement, hope I haven't violated any policies ;)

--
Konstantin Isakov