Re: mpg123 patch

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Andy Younger wrote:
> Nope,
>
> the /dev/dsp device is one of the services that the Open Sound System (OSS)
> provides on linux/FreeBSD etc. That functionality is partially emulated in
> cygwin now.
>
> /usr/include/sys/soundcard.h
>
> is the header file, that contains all the appropriate definitions, ioctl's
> etc.

I was hoping you would say something like that

> With this patch, mpg123 should just compile & work. Fingers crossed :-)
>
> Let us know how you get on.

followed the same instructions as before

it's looking for machine/soundcard.h   (well audio_oss is)
rather than sys/soundcard.h

i don't know much about c at all, but possibly do u need to modify your
patch to correct this ifdef block in audio_oss.c ?

======
#ifdef LINUX
#include <linux/soundcard.h>
#elif defined(__bsdi__)
#include <sys/soundcard.h>
#else
#include <machine/soundcard.h>
#endif
=======

I was a bit lazy, so i just replaced the whole #ifdef block with just:

#include <sys/soundcard.h>

after that it compiled just fine and plays just fine from what i can tell
:-)

If you're agreeable i could post the fixed version of your patch up to the
little cygwin section on my website.

Thanks for the quick repsonse.

Sagar

Sagar R. Shah                 www: http://www.netnexus.co.uk/