Fwd: Re: Compiler option questions

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Larry,

I think that the eCos installation instructions will
show you how to build a version of gcc that will
handle the power pc. I've compiled a version of gcc
for eCos that generates 386 code; it's named
'i386-elf-gcc'. They've got instructions on how to
build versions for a number of different platforms.

The procedure is to download the gcc tar file, untar
it, configure it for your specific platform, and then
run 'make'; all within the cygwin environment.

Check out the eCos page and find the page that shows
you how to install the specific tool set.

Bob Wirka