Re: sftp

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 10:13:09AM +0200, Ronald Hecht wrote:
> Yes, the install does not copy sshd to in.sshd,
> but in the openssh-2.5.2p2.README you say:
>
>   If starting via inetd, copy sshd to eg. /usr/sbin/in.sshd and add the
>   following line to your inetd.conf file:
>
>   sshd stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.sshd sshd -i
>
> Instead of copy the file a symlink should be used.

Ok, thanks for the hint. I will change the docs. Better not
to copy or symlink but to use sshd as is:

   sshd stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/sshd sshd -i

> > I would appreciate if you (and perhaps others with the same problem)
> > could test if this sftp-server solves your problem and report it
> > to the list.
> >
> Seems to me, that this is the same I have. Unfortunately, no changes in
> behaviour.
> I compiled sftp-server myself.
> When I do "ls" after showing the dir, i get ID mismatch (3! = 4)
> whatever this meens ...

Which login shell do you use? What's the shell in your /etc/passwd
entry? Could you change it to /bin/sh, /bin/bash and /bin/tcsh
just for testing?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.