Re: mingw-extra-2.95.3 [Was: Re: -mno-cygwin and C++]

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 04:07:22PM +1200, Danny Smith wrote:
>--- Danny Smith <danny_r_smith_2001@yahoo.co.nz> wrote: >
>> > Presumably you need a version of libstdc++ which was built with msvcrt.dll
>> > in mind rather than dllcrt.dll.  You could probably build this yourself
>> > from the gcc sources.  Apparently others have successfully done this.
>> >
>> > I have repeatedly asked for volunteers to provide this for Cygwin's mingw
>> > package but so far no one has stepped forward.
>>
>> If you are asking for a a mingw-extra-gcc-2.95.3 --libstdc++, libgcc.a (for
>> C++
>> exception handling), libg2c.a)-- where should I upload it.  I haven't tested
>> objc components but others seem to work fine
>
>I didn't get a reposnse to this so I've put  mingw-compiled 2.95.3 libs here:
>http://i10.yimg.com/10/8ddc501b/h/ac85dfc3/mingw-extra-2.95.3.tar.gz
>Completely unofficial, of course, and no guarantees.
>For C++ headers, link or copy /usr/include/g++-3 to /usr/include/mingw/g++-3

Sorry for not responding sooner.

I should have been a little clearer.  I was kind of hoping that someone with
checkin privileges would provide this stuff so that it could be part of
Cygwin's mingw package.

Again, the theory here is that I'm running the Cygwin project and
someone else is running the Mingw project.  It does not seem to be
extremely important for the Mingw maintainers to accomodate the Cygwin
side of things so there are some rough spots in Cygwin's handling of
mingw issues.

This strongly tempts me, as I have mentioned before, to just rip out all
of the mingw support from cygwin and point people to the real Mingw
project.  Then I can add an auto-responder to this mailing list which
points people to mingw every time the words "-mno-cygwin", "without
Cygwin", or "mingw" are detected.

cgf