Re: cygwin: can't get openssh working via inetd

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 05:05:59PM +1000, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> Thanks Karl,
>
> The new cygwin1.dll fixed the ssh problem I was seeing.  I can now login
> in successfully but I have to enter my password everytime.  Obviously
> the sshd is not looking into my home directory (which is on a mapped
> network drive) for my .ssh/ directory.  How do I get around this ???

You can't. When using sshd under inetd (WHICH IS NOT RECOMMENDED)
sshd starts up under the same user account as inetd, typically
the "LocalSystem" account. This LocalSystem account doesn't have
access to network drives. Even if that would be possible you
would have to give your password to be able to change the user
context.

I suggest starting sshd under your own account. Don't use inetd
for that. Read /usr/doc/openssh-2.5.2p2.README

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.