ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta4 available at ...

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

My primary reason for making this release is to get feedback from JDEbug
users who have had trouble launching a debuggee process. I made two changes
to the launch process. I want to see if the changes affect the problem
where JDEbug hangs when launching a process. Since I cannot reproduce the
problem on any of the systems I use and have only the vaguest idea what the
problem could be, I am dependent on those who have the problem to test
potential fixes.

- Paul

JDE 2.2.7beta4

*                         PLEASE READ                         *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3 (or later),            *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *

* Now jde-which-method mode updates the method in the mode line
  during idle times instead of after every keystroke. This
  eliminates the slowdown in keyboard navigation caused by this
  mode in earlier releases.

  Thanks to Steven Monnier for this improvement.

* Which-method-mode is once again enabled by default. To disable
  it, customize jde-which-method-mode to nil.

* Modified the way JDEbug launches a debuggee process. In
  particular, JDEbug now sets up the process standard I/O on
  the standard I/O socket connection thread. Previously JDEbug
  waited for the socket connect thread to die before setting
  up the standard I/O threads. JDEbug now also writes a header
  line to the standard I/O socket on startup. I'm hoping that
  these changes will eliminate the startup hang problem that
  affects some users.