Re: Does win2000 come with SSH daemon ?

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 11:41:43AM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> The sftp-server generates a popup window on the server (when sshd is run
> in -d mode):
> The instructions at "0x61004594" referenced memory at "0x0000b800". The
> memory could not be "read".

?!? That's already on process startup.

> I know that the various account privs are correctly set, because I can
> successfully connect using ssh from the client machine, with exactly the
> same configuration on the server.
>
> Here's what I see on the client when I use sftp:
> > sftp belgarion
> Connecting to belgarion...
> Enter passphrase for key '/d/Users/cwilson/.ssh/id_rsa': <hit Enter
> only>
> Enter passphrase for key '/d/Users/cwilson/.ssh/id_dsa': <hit Enter
> only>
> cwilson@belgarion's password: <type in correct password>
> Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer
>
> (I didn't type in my passphrases because I know the server on belgarion
> will only accept password auth.  I don't know why my client is asking
> for them).  sshd_config from the *server* machine and ssh_config from
> the *client* machine are attached.

Hmm, I'm clueless. ssh shouldn't ask for the passphrases and it
doesn't on my box if I set RSAAuthentication to no.

> A debug trace of the server during the attempted sftp connection.  I
> don't understand the "Bad RSA1 key file /etc/ssh_host_[rsa|dsa]_key."
> messages -- those are RSA2 and/or DSA keys...unless that's the point...

That messages are ok. ssh has to identify the type of the key in
the key files since there's no hint if a key is RSA1, RSA or DSA.
The debug message above only states that sshd couldn't identify
the key as RSA1 key so it tries if it's a RSA or DSA key.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.