RE: Prob with inetutils telnetd not writing to /var/run/utmp

Corinna,

I'm not quite sure why, but this problem has disappeared for me; JOY!
I suspect it may have to do with editing my passwd file to include
an entry for root according to your guidelines:

root::0:0:U-Administrator,S-1-5-21-???-???-???-500:/home/root:/bin/bash

Perhaps it's because I upgraded to the latest inetutils. (1.3.2-10).

In any case, who works as expected (that is: /var/run/utmp is being
updated properly by telnetd):

~/ who
kwright  tty0     Jan 23 10:46 (holstein-mobile)
kwright  tty1     Jan 23 10:50 (holstein-mobile)
root     tty2     Jan 23 12:00 (holstein-kw)

Thanks again for the great job you (and the rest of the team) are
doing.

--Kevin Wright